Sunday, March 1, 2009

A week of adventures

Ashley came over to Bozeman the other week and I ended up renting a cabin out in Hyalite (everything seems to revolve around that lately). Anyways, I thought there was only one cabin back there, so I rented the one that was in Hyalite. Apparently it was a different cabin than I thought it would be and we were off on a wild goose chase for a cabin none of us knew existed. It was a classic adventure with the TEAM. Anyways, we took the wrong road (apparently the right road was about half a mile before this road) and hiked in a few miles to find that this cabin, and the road we were supposed to turn on were nonexistent.
After a few miles of hiking we turned around and ended up going back to Brandt and Tess's place. We ended the night there eating food, drinking beer, and resolving to never go anywhere I made plans for again.
After that Ashley and I got up to Big Sky for some skiing and managed to hit it on the best day of the week with about 6 inches of powder! And it was a bluebird day! pretty sweet ski day.
The last adventure was up to Big Sky again just this last Friday. Amy, Cole and I went up to hit the almost 10 inches of powder that just got dumped from the latest storm. It was quite good. Oddly enough, though, there were a ton of people up there and it was a Friday. Apparently Bozeman shuts down after a good storm. And on the up side I didn't hit my head again so the noggin is doing great.
Well, that should bring everyone up to date on the endeavors, but hopefully i'll be getting out again soon either on the ice or out skiing.

No comments: