Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ice Climbing

I've had a hard time getting back into skiing, so I've now moved back into ice climbing. My shoulder isn't real strong yet, but holds up quite well. Especially considering that I wasn't supposed to start climbing until this summer. My shoulder was a bit sore the next couple days, but not a muscle sore. My muscles have been holding up fine, but my joint felt a little inflamed and tight. After some arnica montana though it felt great again. And I honestly can't tell you how great it felt to be hanging off a cliff again. There's something so amazing about climbing frozen water... hanging onto sharp metal objects...
On that note too, I finally ran 5 miles yesterday! Another high point. I was running 6 miles before the avalanche so I'm getting pretty close. Overall things are feeling a bit more normal. I've still had spells of insomnia a night or two a week, but that's really not bad considering it's only been a little over a month. I'm noticing this will take quite some time...






No comments: