Sunday, January 10, 2010

Recovery

The recovery has been difficult but surprisingly my mind is coming around fast. The initial few nights were terrible. I couldn't sleep well and would barely make it to an hour of sleep and would wake up for a few hours extremely panicked. I luckily wasn't having any nightmares but would wake up scared and very stressed. It was extremely unnerving. By the third night I was starting to feel better because I had a little post trauma session with my physical therapist. She has been a savior in this situation. So kind and willing to listen to my crazy antics. And extremely helpful throughout my shoulder rehab to boot. Without her going the extra distance for me I would be so much more worse off. It's honestly amazing how much she cares.
Anyways, after my session with her I felt great emotionally and physically. I slept great that night and have been doing quite well ever since. Although I have been having a slight problem actually falling asleep. When I lay down in my bed my mind apparently thinks I won't wake up again. It has been difficult, but considering it's only been a week I think I'm doing quite well.
Oh yeah, and I managed to actually move my skis. They've been in the same spot since the accident and today I finally moved them up to my bedroom.
Overall I'm feeling pretty good and am now able to move past this situation. Happy one week anniversary!!!

No comments: