Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Bike

I have been wanting this bike for years and finally made the plunge!
I am super stoked about this bike. Cervelo has to be the greatest bike brand, period. They have been focusing on road and aero designs for years and years. While other companies are off designing mountain bikes and cruisers, Cervelo is redesigning one of their road frames to make it even better. What's actually quite amazing is that they've had some of the same designs for years and haven't changed a thing! And these are pro bikes we're talking about, not just some bike to ride around town.
Enough of the ranting. This is my Cervelo P2. Isn't he gorgeous? I decided it's a he even though it'd be better for a male to be "riding" a she. Anyways, now I just need to come up with a name for the bike....
I've already gotten him out on a few rides this week and it is amazing. I've never ridden this fast in my life. Pretty sweet rig. I tried to take a couple pictures of the ride I normally go on, but only a few really turned out well. This is right along the Columbia River directly north of Wenatchee.
I've been really impressed with some of the roads around here and extremely unimpressed with others. When I first came out here I was riding my bike quite a bit just to figure out town and see what it has to offer. Well, I found a lot of broken glass in certain parts of town and an area that tends to have a lot of thorned bushes that get blown off and find their way to the road. After 4 flats in a couple of rides I just quit going there.
This last shot is a great fruit stand right along the ride. Of course there's about 5 others right along the route. All stuff that's essentially been picked that day, most likely about 100 feet from the stand. Not too shabby living in orchard country!

No comments: