Thursday, November 11, 2010

Training


I had it in my head that I'd start using the blog to keep track of my training over the winter, but haven't made much use of that. So now I'm going to start keeping track of things a little better and actually get some use out of this thing!
It's finally gotten cold around here and outside activities are at an end as far as I'm concerned (besides skiing of course). I am apparently too much of a wuss to ride my bike when it's cold and I hate running outside when it's cold. Yep... it is what it is. In grad school I managed to ride my bike to work/school everyday during the winter for the first year, but after I went sliding through a stop sign on my side with my bike right next to me I decided it wasn't a great idea at a certain point.
Training has been going real well the last month. I got a few 80 mile rides in and managed to only bonk during one! I was seriously relying on my americano I had at the turnaround point. It didn't really push me to the end, but it helped.
I've been trying hard to focus on my run this year to round out my swim and bike. Hopefully it works. I started off by getting new shoes. My Saucony's were really hurting my right foot lately, so I decided to try KSwiss and Zoot. The Zoot's won. They're so comfortable and don't rub anywhere. I did really like the way the KSwiss ran, they were really smooth on the entire foot transition, but were a little stiff in the cushioning department.
Anyways, I got 6 miles in today with a good cross-training workout in after that. A solid two hour workout. I had to bring an extra shirt with me to the gym because after about 10 minutes running I'm about through a shirt. And yes, I feel really cool changing shirts when I'm halfway through my workout.
And speaking of working out, I just finished watching Ironman Louisville and man there's some inspiration! Someday...

No comments: