Saturday, November 27, 2010

Boring

This is where life has been spent lately. Well, first off I should say I did manage to take 4 full days off. It was awesome. Although, I got quite bored when I still woke up at 5am and didn't have anything to do. So I watched awesome early morning TV. Pretty cool. Saved By The Bell and Married With Children... so good!
Can I say how boring riding the trainer is? It was crazy boring! You sit in one place and pedal. That's it. I either listen to music or watch TV while I'm doing it so I have some entertainment. Thursday I kicked off the new training block. One hour of easy pedaling on the trainer. It was awesome. It actually felt great to get back on to the new training schedule. Hopefully this time I won't screw it up and lose track of my workouts.
Speaking of the bike, below is the new carbon fiber aerobars! Pretty awesome. They are much more comfortable than my old set. Plus, these have the s-bend aerobars which I like much better.

And speaking of gear, below are my running shoes. By the way, I have apparently turned this into my gear blog.
When I started training again this year my old Saucony running shoes were really hurting my right foot. My left foot felt great but the outside of my right foot was absolutely dying! I had to take 3 days off every time I ran. Not awesome. So I decided to start in on a new shoe search. Here's what I came up with: KSwiss Blade Light and Zoot Kapilani. Now that I've tested them both out I found I like the Zoot's for running and the KSwiss for cross training.
The problem with the K's was that they were a bit too stiff in terms of cushion. I need soft padding because of my right ankle and left knee. Since they were a bit too stiff I turned to the Zoot's and they were amazing! great run platform and movement. Great cushioning. Extremely comfortable. The only downside was that I like the way the K's moved from heel to toe. They are extremely smooth throughout the entire foot movement.
Anyways, the Zoot's have been working well and I'm extremely pleased with them.
Last but not least is my realization that I need to work on injury prevention. Given the multitude of problems I've had in the past I decided to purchase the Trigger Point rollers and ball. They allow me to roll out my leg problems and get them fresh for the next day. I have been having problems with my left IT band and since I've been rolling it out with the quadballer (as its called) I've been feeling a lot better. So, a big thumbs up from me on TP Therapy.
Now I'm off to a quick core and upper body workout. Box jumps, cable machines, medicine balls... good times! I'm hoping I'll feel better than I did yesterday during my 3 mile run. I felt like it was ten miles after I ended up positively splitting my miles (ie. going slower each mile). Work legs... Work!!!!

No comments: