Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Hurt


Sorry I haven't posted much, but I haven't really found much to post about.
Lately, life has been training, working, training... Same 'ol same 'ol.
But, I have had a few visitors lately. L came over for a nice little visit on Christmas. We managed to hang in Seattle for a little bit and hit up Brouwer's and the Bottleshop. Other than that, what else do you do in Seattle? You get sushi! That's what. We also managed to cook an amazing five course meal all with beer pairings! Except I really dropped the ball on one of my pairings... my bad.
A then came over for New Year's. We had to once again kick it in Seattle for a bit and I managed to see a few other good friends. Plus we had some amazing greek food. Quite impressed.
That's the down and dirty lately. I have had a nice problem develop though. I started having a stupid hip flexor pain in my left hip, but managed to get rid of it. It then started to move to the outside of my hip. So now every time I run more than 5 miles my hips gets so sore the next day. Stupid. I have been staying off of it... for the most part. Toned down my running and kicked up my swimming. I still need to get the training hours in and get my base down.
Hopefully the leg starts feeling better so I can get back into running. For the first time ever I miss running. I used to absolutely hate my runs, but I've been doing so well the last few months that I've become slightly obsessed. Maybe that was my problem.
Hopefully things get more interesting soon, but I can't promise anything.
Here's my life. yep, riding the trainer baby!

No comments: