Saturday, February 23, 2008

Big Sky


I've got a good story here for ya. I manage to do this every year, it's usually a different body part every year. Here we go...
I hit a tree while skiing.
See, wasn't that a good story? Every year I manage to hit a tree somehow. It's quite absurd, but I always manage to get it. It's just standing there, not moving, and then I come along and hit it. It's quite the spectacle. Last year I hit one basically with my leg. It was nothing glorious, I just lost control and went right for it. The year before that I dropped a cliff, hit a rut, and started going head over heels down the hill. When I was flipping over once I saw a tree ahead of me, then the next time I flipped over I didn't see it so I thought I was alright. Well the next time I flipped around I wrapped myself right around the tree. I laid there for a couple minutes because I basically hit my left hip against the tree and I could feel it was swelling already. It turned out to be alright, but definitely hurt for a few days.
I wish I had as good of a story for this year's, but I don't. It was about the dumbest thing I could do. So there I was going down some moguls amongst some trees and I must have hit the mogul hard, my right ski popped off and I went headfirst into a tiny 3 foot tree! I know, I wish I had a better story too, but I don't. I rolled down the hill a little ways and had my friends come check me out to make sure I wasn't bleeding too bad before I got up (I didn't want blood all over my jacket). It turns out my face is just a little bit swollen and just a little bloody.
You want to know the worst thing about all of this? I just shaved off my beard. My beard probably could have saved my face. I mean the thing had been growing for almost four months. It was looking pretty good. Well not really good, it actually looked pretty bad; but I liked it.
Anyways, that picture is from when I got home later that night. And just so you all know, I did finish the day skiing. What else would I do?

4 comments:

Jenn Boerger said...

Nice pic. Maybe you should post this on a dating website. That'd really get the chicks. hahaha. You know we love you!

Dave said...

I wish I could have been there to see it...

kb said...

well done, at least you finished the day out before you went home and cried (haha)

Unknown said...

I too am keeping an eye on you, right along with your sis & folks!!! Now that you've got abusing a tree out of your system for this season, ENJOY YOURSELF . . . Auntie KB